Saturday, January 4, 2014

Carrot Cake Granola & a new kind of novel.

When I read about this Carrot Cake Granola, I knew I had to make it right away. As soon as I saw that we had all of the ingredients, my post-yoga Friday night turned into a baking fest.

First, combine all of the dry ingredients (oats, apricots, carrots, coconut, pecans, flax seed).

Add honey, rice milk, egg, and stir!

Break into clusters and bake halfway.

Flip, and bake the rest of the way so both sides are well-done.

Voila, you have granola!

Yummy with some rice milk for breakfast. I like to mix with a little bit of other plain cereal, like Cheerios!

Stores well in Tupperware for quite a few days too. Hoping mine will last the week. If not, it's easy to make more!

I may have just found the perfect munchie food for my upcoming plane travels!

--------------------------------------------------------------

After some of my carrot cake granola this morning, I bundled up and got in a 5.5-mile run before meeting my lovely friends for lunch at First Watch, where we had delicious breakfast foods and caught each other up on life. I don't get to see my closest friends very often and now that we're all in different places for college, each visit has so much more value :)

Also did my nails with some "wintry colors."

Tonight I'm off to babysit, so I stocked up on books to read after the kiddos are in bed. 


I'm especially excited for Flat Water Tuesday... something I found in the "new novels" section. Never have I ever found a novel about rowing and I just stumbled across this one! Definitely at the top of my list for the rest of break. 

Stay warm!











No comments:

Post a Comment